Divorce / Family Mediation
You share property. You have children. You are splitting up—and either splitting hairs, or maintaining an awkward delicate balance to make sure everything stays tolerable while trying to keep tensions low and preserve everyone’s quality of life.
You could go to court, litigate for months, or more, and damage the delicate remaining bonds. Divorce litigation can set up an expensive lose-lose cycle that drains time, money, and what little good will still exists. And you may find yourself returning to court to address future disputes, modifications, or enforcement proceedings. Or you can maintain some peace and civility, carve out mutually satisfactory terms that work for you, your ex and your children, and resolve things positively for you and your family, often in two months rather than 2 – 3 years.
Family and Divorce mediation allows your side of the story to be heard—and takes into account the needs and resources of everyone. It’s efficient, compassionate and provides a process that enables people to move on with their lives without financial or emotional exhaustion.
- It allows for both endings, and new beginnings.
- It helps people create the mechanics for a new future, flexibly addressing day-to-day details and long-term goals.
- It is legally binding, yet can be constructed to accommodate the possibility for change as children grow and new relationships develop.
All issues get addressed and resolved:
Creative solutions can be crafted addressing:
- Taxes, life insurance, pensions, and other items of value, even issues involving grandparents and other relevant non-parties, which a court may not have the power or expertise to address.
- Schooling arrangements.
- Ongoing therapy for children and parents if necessary.
- Financial Planning.
- Anything else that you want – and need – to address.
A good, final result is one that works for all. In family matters, short-term “wins” can often come at great expense. A real win is one where people can continue to communicate after a divorce is final and children are secure in knowing they are cared for without rancor and bitterness.
To contact us or schedule a divorce or family mediation consultation.click here